Technical Account Manager
RefurbConnect is a fast-growing IT refurbishing company, with a focus on providing high-quality, cost-effective IT hardware solutions to businesses. We have an immediate opening for a full-time technical account manager.
We're looking for a team member who can use their technical and customer service skills to wow our customers, while also learning and advancing quickly, playing a key role in our company growth. This opening for Technical Account Manager is located at our office in Farmingdale, Long Island.
The account manager is responsible for ensuring that our customers become and remain raving fans of RefurbConnect. The account manager is responsible for a subset of RefurbConnect’s clients and is the primary conduit for high-level communications with those clients. The successful candidate will need to possess these essential combinations of qualities: exceptional organization, excellent customer service, relationship-building skills, and the ability to translate technical concepts into plain language.
This position offers the opportunity for advancement into other roles within the company.
- Turn leads and customers into raving fans of RefurbConnect
- Exhibit exemplary communication skills
- Own problems and bring solutions; do whatever it takes to ensure client success, including asking for help
- Under-promise and over-deliver
- Take responsibility for continuous improvement of yourself and of the company
- Candidates will utilize their technical expertise to provide imaginative, thorough, practical, and organizationally aligned solutions to customers
- Build strong customer relationships and trust
- Conduct regular calls and meetings with customers to discuss their needs
- Plan and provide solutions to customers’ IT procurement needs
- Turn negative feedback into positive action
- Become a forceful advocate for the unique needs of each client
- Proactively identify opportunities for process improvements, vendor changes, and project work
- Serve as an escalation point for service issues and own communication in critical situations
- Generate project estimates and proposals
- Manage client communication and oversee progress for technical projects
- Identify case trends and mitigate issues before they become critical
- Take ownership of client-specific documentation
We are looking for someone with:
- At least 2 years of experience in technology-based account management, client service, or business operations role OR at least 2 years of experience in a technical support role
- Understanding and knowledge of IT hardware
- Solid understanding and ability to utilize CRM, email, and Microsoft office software
- Related experience should have an emphasis on high-level communications with demanding individuals, impeccable organization in the face of a complicated set of responsibilities, and the ability to interface effectively between disparate groups (e.g. technicians or engineers and non-technical client executives)
- Strong professional and technical communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work independently, yet collaboratively, in a multidisciplinary team environment
- A calm and focused approach to high-pressure situations
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
What We Offer
We value our employees as they are the key to our success. Our commitment to your success is enhanced by a competitive salary with an extensive benefits package. We work to maintain a progressive and collaborative work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long-term careers.
Work schedule is Mon-Fri from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Program
- Paid Time Off including Holidays
- Life Insurance
RefurbConnect | IT AMG
110 Bi County Blvd. Suite 106
Farmingdale NY, 11735
Direct Dial : 516.284.8570
Mobile : 516-424-9936
Visit us online: www.refurbconnect.com | www.itamg.com
Responsible Recycling (R2) Rev. 7/2013 I OHSAS 18001:2007 I ISO 14001:2004