Top 5 Reasons to take Early Retirement for your Homes Key System. With major advances in new technology, now is the time to take advantage. As demand continues to ramp up for new technology, its logical to see price increases matching that demand curve. There are many advantages to upgrading to a high efficiency system, central or Ductless. If you already have a central forced hot air or boiler system, lets use this to determine if it’s time to replace it. A few questions can help determine the answer if you should repair or replace.
1) What is the system’s age? If your equipment is over even 10 years old, rapid advancements in technology means retirement of your equipment is looming. The prudent customer knows, the best time to replace your HVAC system is not when it fails suddenly either in the middle of winter or on the hottest weekend of the year, but when you have options about its replacement.
2) The next question; are you spending more to heat and cool your home or business?As your system ages, it starts the downward spiral of more repairs and decreased efficiency. Does it run more frequently to maintain the temperature, and is it using more fuel or electric to provide the same comfort? This is a sure sign a high efficiency alternative is wise to look at now.
3) Does your equipment make unusual noises?If your heating system is making noises you haven’t heard before, it may be time to replace. Newer high efficiency systems tend to be much quieter than previous generations.
4) How is your homes indoor air quality?If you’re starting to have humidity problems, household dust and airborne particles, these are a warning sign. If you have a forced hot air furnace a cracked heat exchanger is nothing to take lightly. Cracks in heat exchangers can lead directly to CO Carbon Monoxide poisoning. Do not take these issues for granted. Call your trusted HVAC professional.
5) Rebates. Utilities and manufacturers are both looking for customers who want to go green. The newer systems are so much more efficient, utilities and manufacturers want to incentivize homeowners to bring their systems up to today's they come close By themselves, the answers to each of these questions may not tell you whether it’s time to replace your heating system or not, but when considered as a whole they can give you a sense of when your heating system is ready for replacement. Call us for a free estimate today. Our management team at True Mechanical has well over 100 years’ experience in all phases of heating and cooling. We offer affordable service contracts and no charge quotes on system replacements. True Mechanical is 40 years in business and with over 150,000 installations on Long Island. Visit our website at www.truemech.com. or call us at 631-563-1298.We ask for your input and comments.