Field Energy Specialist
It all starts here! Field Energy Specialist is the first point of contact to help educate potential customers about the many benefits of solar energy. Through our partnerships with The Home Depot or Best Buy, you will be responsible for identifying potential customers, answering their questions regarding our service and arranging customer consultations in their homes with our Outside Solar Sales Consultants. You will receive extensive training on SolarCity’s advanced sales process and technologies.
SolarCity’s philosophy is to reward and promote top performers. This job isn’t for the faint of heart. It is for people who sincerely want to succeed, learn, grow, work with other smart equally passionate people and change the world for the better.
After you ramp and achieve your sales targets for several successive months, you will become eligible for promotion to Outside Solar Sales Consultant role where there will be additional training and commission potential and opportunity to move up again into a Sales Mentor or more Senior Sales roles.
• Engage customers regarding SolarCity’s clean energy solutions
• Drive the creation of in-store leads to meet personal and team sales goals and objectives
• Collaborate with Outside Solar Sales Consultants to confirm in-home appointments
• Set up SolarCity displays and collateral
• Conduct in-store seminars and events for 20 or more people
• Work side-by-side with top sales producers and learning from them directly
• 2 years prior experience in a quota-driven sales position highly preferred
• Retail sales experience - working the floor highly preferred
• Prior experience generating customer leads preferred
• Proficient with Excel and MS Outlook (+CRM tool preferred)
• Slightly obsessive about providing a great customer experience, in all the right ways
• High energy, even higher integrity
• Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
• We welcome over-achievers, leaders, Peace Corps or Teach for America volunteers, College athletes, Eagle Scouts, former military veterans, and community service leaders
• Must be flexible working weekend, evening and holiday shifts
• Must be comfortable standing and walking for long periods of time in a retail sales environment
• Min 18 years of age with a high school degree, recent college grads preferred
• Valid driver’s license
• Valid state driver’s license, clean DMV driving record, and ability to pass pre-employment background and drug screen.
Will Watts | Regional Sales Manager | SolarCity | t: 516.713.3500